The quality of construction can vary greatly from one job to another. One of the best ways to ensure the actual performance capability of the building enclosure components is through combined inspections and performing industry standardized testing.
BE-CI provides a wide variety of standardized field-testing protocols to ensure compliance with the applicable codes and the contract documents. BE-CI owns and maintains an assortment of testing and evaluation equipment to assist in identifying various building component issues, failures and even verify the existence of certain overt conditions.
When you hire BE-CI you aren’t getting a pass/fail testing lab, but a partner in construction that can diagnose issues that may present themselves through the field testing. Whether you are building a new, state of the art high rise, renovating a historic building or trying to diagnose a leak in an existing property, our systematic and common-sense approach to building enclosure consulting will assist you in successfully completing your project.
Listed below are just some of the industry standard tests that BE-CI offers:
- ASTM E1105 (Water Infiltration Testing)·
- ASTM E783 (Air Infiltration Testing)
- AAMA 501.2 (Water Nozzle Testing)
- ASTM E1186 (Air Leakage Through Air Barrier Testing)
- FMG 1-52 (Roof Uplift Testing)
- ASTM D7877-14 (Electronic Field Vector Mapping, EFVM)
- ASTM 4541 (Pull-Off Strength of Coatings)
- ASTM C1521 (Evaluating Adhesion of Installed Sealants)
- ASTM C1046 (Infrared Testing)
- ASTM 2128 (Evaluating Water Leakage of Building Walls)
- ASTM E2813 (Property Condition Assessments)