If real estate is about “location, location, location”, then construction is about “inspect, inspect, inspect”. Well-timed inspections are the best means to assure quality workmanship and proper use of specified materials. But inspection services are only effective when the documents they are charged with enforcing are sufficiently detailed and specified. When properly combined, peer reviews and third-party inspections result in construction at its best.
To make sure our clients get the maximum benefit from our field inspections, the BE-CI protocol includes:
- Matching the special skills, experience and knowledge of the building inspector with the subject being inspected.
- Properly preparing for our site observations by reviewing plans, specifications, and construction standards before the site walk.
- Filing a comprehensive report on the inspection and immediately notifying clients of any significant issues that need special attention.
Our highly effective quality assurance methods ensure that:
- Critical details that are noted in peer reviews are covered in pre-construction meetings.
- Field inspections take place at the first opportunity to view a specific detail.
- Any discrepancies are brought to the attention of other crews that will be constructing the same detail.
- Follow-up inspections are made periodically on each general location to observe different crews constructing the same detail.